General failure the url was: the system cannot find the file specified
Posted on 2010-01-06
I started with Windows XP , Office 2007 and IE.... Firefox was not installed nor ever was. I did install it though to do the HKEY classes root\firefox\ddexec\ regsitry value clearing ideas as found on the net.
2. Next I did the IE reset all zones to default security levels.
3. Next I made Firefox default browser and switched IE back to default and reopened all and tried again .
4. Next I let firefox be default, opened all and tried again .
5. Next I did an expert Exch suggestion of registering urlmon.dll and several other dll's with regsvr32.
6. Google toolbar for IE is installed but diabled in IE as an add on. I dont think goodle add on for firefox is installed.
7. Went to Ctrl Panel , folder options, file types, unchecked DDE from all http associations of any kind.
None of thjis is working.
Ultimate goal. Get IE to stop doing this. I think maybe once before I had to do a repair install of office 2007 to clear this. But this is a remote situation and I dont have the disk handy at the moment.
So , I wanted to see how the registry might be involved as I am convinced it is the culpret someway somehow.