I recently did a restore from tape backup of a users calendar. Since then I am not able add appointments to their diary even though I have full access to their mailbox. I the "unable update free/busy information" message.
I have run the command to start Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch. Outlook starts but a message comes up saying unable to update free/busy on server.
I then downloaded the MFCMapi tool and used the following procedure:
1. Choose Session and Logon and Display Store Table
2. Choose the Outlook profile you created
3. Double click the Instance that starts with Mailbox -
4. Expand Root Mailbox
5. Click on IPM_SUBTREE
6. In the right window, if there is a property name of PR_FREEBUSY_ENTRYIDS, right click on it and choose Delete Property (if it exists here&it may not)
7. Expand IPM_SUBTREE
8. Click on Inbox
9. In the right window, if there is a property name of PR_FREEBUSY_ENTRYIDS, right click on it and choose Delete Property
10. Exit out of MAPI Editor.
11. Rerun /cleanfreebusy on the mailbox.
After running the /cleanfreebusy switch I got the same "unable to update free/busy on server" message. I then tried removing and re-adding the users mailbox from my Outlook profile and found I could again add meetings to their calendar, unfortunately later that day the situation reoccurred. Seems like the users mailbox is not communicating with my Exchange server properly, can anyone shed more light on this?