I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader.
I have trouble when changing new tapes.
Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it
manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the
new tapes status.
According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes
are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point.
Even though, I went through
and ran the
ResolveSuspectMedia.cmd script. It resulted in changing my tapes status :
- new suspected tapes became free (what I was looking for yeaye)
- other tapes are now marked as imported and are not off site ready any
In addition, I have an expired tape.
Here are my questions :
1. How to check OMID?
2. How to get back my offsite ready checked back?
3. My expired tapes haven't been used as free tapes ? Is because of the imported status?
4. is running the ResolveSuspectMedia.cmd really a good thing to get rid of suspected tapes?
Thanks a lot for your help,