InDesign: lost image resolution when placing an image from Photoshop
Posted on 2010-01-07
I am having problems with low resolution and some distorted images when I try to import images to Indesign CS3. This is my workflow:
1) I create screenshots with resolution 96 ppi
2) make some modifications in Photoshop and save it as psd or png or jpg (high quality)
3) Place an image into InDesign (File->Place)
4) it shows a different size (always much bigger) with highly pixelated and distorted picture. The info window shows Actual ppi 96 and Effective ppi 96
5) because the image is too big (not the same as I can see in Photoshop), I have to scale it down.
6) after that it shows effective ppi 130 and the image quality is bad
It look better only if i rescale it to 144 x 144 ppi (why? two times 72 ppi?)
what is the problem here? I am using Display Performance - High Quality Display.