Mac OSX Snow Leopard Server vs. Microsoft Server
Posted on 2010-01-08
i'm not really sure if it's a philosophical question or a question which could be answered by hard facts, but it's best that i'll touch what the network i'm currently planning should perform.
Computers: approx. 60-100 (50% mobile/50% stationary)
- Email services for all users
- Shared address book
- Group calendaring
- File shares for users/user groups
- Centralized software management & updating
- VPN access for mobile workers/homeoffices
- Maybe: Citrix & SAP clients for some users
- Shared printers (for workgroups)
- Centralized backups
- High security for internal and external attacks
- Maybe: Blackberry Integration
I know that all of that is possible on OSX server and Microsoft, too. Microsoft is more expensive in software licensing, but OSX maybe has compatibility problems with Citrix or SAP(?).
What's your advice? Would you choose Mac or Microsoft? And why?
Hopefully looking for some qualitative answes :-)