I have a question regarding Migration from Symantec Antivirus 10.1.7.700
With round about 110 Clients to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 RU5.
I followed the necessary migration steps as described in the Symantec
Installation Guide Section 3, Chapter 8 and started Installation of Symantec
Endpoint Protection Manager as described In Symantec Installation Guide Section 2, Chapter 4.
During the Management Server Configuration Wizard I have made following decisions:
- Between 100 and 500
- Install my first site
- Specified the server name with default port settings
- Specified site name and create an encrypted password
- Choosed an Embedded database
- Set system administration account with password and e-mail
After this I started Symantec Migration and Deployment Wizard and made following decisions:
- Migrate from Symatec Antivirus
- Server Policy Settings -> Each Parent Server and
Client Policy Settings -> Server Group or Client Group
- Specified the Symantec Antivirus Parent Server
In the window where I can specify the types of install packages to create I have made following decision:
- 32 and 64bit Client Install Package
- Do not create a single .EXE file for each client install package but create all possible packages with or without features
- Silent installation
- No, just create the packages, I will deploy them later
Then the process started to create the packages but nothing happens anymore. Now Im waiting six days and the Installation still telling me that it is creating the packages (see screenshot).
Sometimes in the windows event log I can see clientxyz removed&..
But nothing more. Is there any logfile or protocol where I can see a status?
What can I do? I dont want to kill the task until the wizard comes up with an error message.
I do not know if it is important, but WSUS, VMware Server and GFI Languard are running on the