After numerous setups of Server 2008 & R2 as a Terminal Server and having endless issues (which we shouldn't have had), I need to start from scratch rather than set up & run into the same old problems.
2x HP BL460c blades
* 6GB RAM each
146GB RAID 1
2x Xeon quad core 2.33GHz CPU's (total 8x logical cores)
HP t5300 & 5700 series.
* Office 2007 apps freeze
* Slow logins
* screen freezes
* random miscellaneous (mixes & matches of issues)
* With Remote Desktop/Terminal Session directory active off the PDC it increases the numbers of hangs or even inhibits users to log in just jumping straight back to the login prompt.
Past setup steps:
* Install Server 2008 R2 OS
* Install HP PSP driver pack
* Connect to domain
* Add TS Role
* Add Desktop Experience role (also tried without it)
* Go to cmd & step up to user install (change user /install)
* Install Office
* Install 3rd party apps (Acrobat Reader, Flash Player, PhotoStory, etc)
Domain GPO's supply all the TS & Session Farm settings. We also have DNS Round Robin in place for connections.
Of course all works well with low users and strangely enough a virtualised (via VMWare ESX) Server 2008 R2 session with low connections seems to be the most reliable.. This one is used as a control server.
The maximum number of simultaneous users can be up to 80 users simultaneously but usuallu around 55 is common. Office apps are usually MS Word & Outlook but some basic desktop publishing is done too so there is a bit of Clipart used..
Does anyone have solutions to what I may have missed or solutions that I can try? I have also tried 1x server with ESXI & 2 Guests which doesn't seem to work as bad (there are still performance issues) but still defeats the purpose..