I kept getting this webpart error everytime I do an IISRESET. I've attached a screen shot.
A temporary fix I found is as follows:
1. Comment out all code from the webpart solution and only leave an empty CreateChildControls method there.
2. Build the solution and drop the dll into windows/assembly. Recycle AppPool.
3. Check to see that error is gone and webpart is empty.
4. Put the code back into the webpart solution
5. Build the solution and drop the dll into windows/assembly. Recycle AppPool
6. Check page to see that webpart is working properly.
After the fix, if I do an IISRESET, I get the webpart error again. If I do recycle then it'll be fine.
So, the webpart will work properly as long as I don't do IISRESETs.
What's going on?
Many thanks in advance, I've been stuck with this problem for months.