Hello. I am migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. The Exchange 2007 server has been in place for several months now and I have been slowly moving mailboxes from the 2003 server to the 2007 server. Over the past few months I have moved about a hundred or so mailboxes (we only have about 200 total in our org) and have experienced no problems.
Last weekend I moved another batch of mailboxes. No warnings or errors were reported by the mailbox move applet. Today a user is reporting that he cannot access his email. I look in EMC under Recipient Configuration -> Mailbox and the user is not there. When I view the user object in ADUC I see the Exchange Mailbox Store value is correct.
In the event logs I see the event 1006 for the move-mailbox task started. The Source and Destination databases are both correct. I then see a few normal informational events regarding named property creations in the database, and then the Event 1007 Move-mailbox finished event. After that the normal ActiveSync events (upgrade from earlier version of Microsoft Exchange) occur.
From the event logs, everything worked perfectly. When I do a "get-mailbox -Identity (username)" the response "Get-Mailbox : Username is not a mailbox user."
The mailbox does not appear under 'Disconnected Mailbox' either.