I am trying to get some data from a website.
The url is of the form: http://domain/subfolder?parameter1=value1¶m2=value2
I can copy the url and paste it in a new explorer window and it will bring back the data that I want. When I watch this in fiddler, the request is sent as a GET.
I created a C# app to automate this. I created a webrequest object and pasted the full url (with parameters) in as the url. I tried running it and I got an error (500). I tried just the url (without the parameters) and it works fine.
I tried to append the parameters into the request stream using a stream writer, but I get the error "Cannot send a content-body with this verb-type error."
This generally comes up when the request should be sent as a POST. I did try this, and received error. I went back to pasting the url into explorer and watching fiddler, it was sent as a get.