We have a Solaris 10 server that yesterday afternoon started complaining that the NFS connection to our Netapp filer is not available. This is happening every three minutes on the dot. Immediately it then shows that the connection is ok.
Jan 14 18:38:55 xxxxx nfs: [ID 333984 kern.notice] NFS server nfs-netapp-fsc1 not responding still trying
Jan 14 18:38:55 xxxxx nfs: [ID 563706 kern.notice] NFS server nfs-netapp-fsc1 ok
1. Network interface shows no errors
2. Netapp filer shows no errors
3. Mountpoints are functioning properly
4. No other errors in messages file
5. No process errors
6. No dmesg errors except for the NFS error
7. No runaway processes
At this point we have no idea why this is happening. This is a prod system so I have to be careful of what I do.