I have two WSUS servers running independently and two sites. At this stage I have not released IE8 to our users. It has been sitting in the queue unapproved. On Monday I began receiving complaints that IE8 has been deployed to some users. I checked the following:
- All of these computers were managed by one WSUS server
- There is no manual access to the windows update site. This has been disabled via group policy.
- The IE8 update is still sitting in both WSUS servers with a status of unapproved.
- It looks as though other unapproved updates did not roll out
The only change I have made around this time was to upgrade our WSUS servers from Ver 3 SP1 to Ver 3 SP2. Not sure if this is coincidence or not. I cant see this to be an issue as the updates remained unapproved.