Changing DNS A record

george82 used Ask the Experts™
Hi, I'm trying to change the A record for a website and I am a bit confused, because I see several different entries for www, ftp, etc.

Can you do a DNS lookup on ?

I would like to point to the website to another IP -- let's say

My understanding is that I only have to change the 'A' record in order to make this happen - is this correct?

I do not want to change the MX records - the email should still be handled by the same servers

Thank you
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
that is correct, only change the A record for www to point to the new IP address

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial