Cannot build cluster on Windows 2008 Server. It cannot pass the "Forming cluster" phase. I tried GUI and command mode on node1, node2, DC.
Information and error:
Node 1 (server1): Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 (64bits)
Node 2 (server2): Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 (64bits)
Domain Controller: Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 (32bits)
- Passed Cluster validation checking
- If i run "cluster.exe /forcecleanup", it will say Invalid option 'forcecleanup.
- I use remote desktop to access all computer during installation.
- Windows Firewall Turn on and allow all Inbound and Outbound connection. One rule created to allow "No authorization" for above Node1 and Node2. Same config on Domain controller.
- During the installation of cluster, i saw new computer object can be created on DC.
- Assigned "Domain Admin, User, Administrator" to Node1 and Node2
Strange problem: All server cannot perform windows update now.
Event ID: 20 (Window update Error Code 80070490)
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070490: Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB976098).
Event ID: 1570
Node 'server1' failed to establish a communication session while joining the cluster. This was due to an authentication failure. Please verify that the nodes are running compatible versions of the cluster service software.
Event ID: 4625
Resetting the IPSec security association timeout registry value failed during cluster node cleanup. This is because the IPSec security association timeout was modified after this machine was configured to be a member of a cluster. For manual cleanup, execute the 'cluster.exe' command on this machine with the 'forcecleanup' option specified. Alternatively, you may reset the IPSec security association timeout by deleting the 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IKEEXT\Parameters\NLBSFlags' value and the 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IKEEXT\Parameters\FailoverClusterRestoreNLBSFlags' value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the Windows registry.