We are installing a new SBS 2008 server and a Win 2008 Std. (not R2) server for a company. We have gone into Group Policy Management - xxxdomain.local - MyBusiness - SBS Computers - Windows SBS Client-Windows XP Policy, right clicked and 'Edit' and went into Group Policy Management Editor - User Configuration - Preferences - Drive Maps. We created mapped drives: Action - Create, Location - UNC location to server02, Reconnect - checked, Label as - Test, Drive Letter - Use xxx, Hide/Show this drive - Show this drive-checked, Hide/Show all drives - Show all drives-checked, Common Tab - clicked - Run in logged-on user's security context (user policy option).
I did a gpupdate /force on the SBS server, server02 & the client (XP Pro SP3). I am not getting any mapped drives.
* There are no clinflicts between existing drives on the client and the mapped drives.
* Client was properly joined to the domain with http://connect
* Client can go to Network Neighborhood and see all the directories it is suppose to see/get into and not those that it shouldn't - on both servers.
* One of the mapped drives is using a variable - it is approved according to F3.
* Followed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770902(printer).aspx
I am open to any suggestions and/or help. There must be something fundamentally basic, that I am missing on this. All documentation quotes these procdures and yet mine isn't working. Any help appreciated .