Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of Sci-Fi-Si
Sci-Fi-SiFlag for United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

asked on

Windows 2008 Server - JavaScript problems

I recently had my Windows 2003 Server blow up which was sad. However I now have a new 2008 Web Server - yay!

After taking hours to install I find that wireless networking doesn't work - by default, so got that fixed.
Then I find that URL redirection doesn't work - again by default, now I've got that working to.

However I've installed my WordPress blogs on IIS7 and I find that some drag n' drop functionality doesn't work. It's as though JavaScript is being blocked...

Is this a firewall thing? Is it a default config of IIS7 to disable JavaScript?

How can I get WordPress working like it did under 2003?

Many thanks
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of leakim971
leakim971
Flag of Guadeloupe image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Avatar of Sci-Fi-Si

ASKER

Thanks leak,

But that's just for the 'Sociable' plugin. I'm hosting WordPress 2.9.1 on IIS7 under 2008 Web Server. If I install Wordpress on my Windows 7 laptop it works fine, it's just if it's on 2008 that drag n' drop fuctionality doesn't work.

I am speaking to 'esmi' a sys admin at WordPress about this http://wordpress.org/support/topic/362756?replies=9#post-1389728

They say "Could your firewall be stopping/stripping javascript? Your browser? Can  you try using another machine? Another connection? "
SOLUTION
Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that one, but alas no joy.


Thanks for your suggestions leakim971.

I've found the problem!!! I never would have guessed this in a million years - It was a sudden moment of inspiration and it came to me to try this.

It's IIS7's Output Cache! Being new to IIS7 I went through various websites on how to set it up "correctly". However it turns out having the .php extension in the Output Cache is a big mistake.

Thank for your feedback anyway leak

:)

thanks for your help
Thanks for sharing your resolution and for the points!