I have an active directory on Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit which want to migrate on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Active directory details on Windows Server 2003 R2:
"System Schema Version"= 31
- Windows Server 2003 R2 CD Drive :\CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP\adprep.exe /forestprep
- Windows Server 2003 R2 CDDrive :\CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP\adprep.exe /domainprep
- account used member of Domain Enterprise and Schema Admins
Windows Server 2008 R2 server:
- new server installed with Windows server 2008 R2
- added to the existing active directory
- added DNS role
- run dcpromo
- option used is: existing forest add a domain controller to an existing domain
- on step Select a domain for this additional domain controller I receive this error:
" To install a domain controller into this Active Directory forest, you must first prepare the forest using "adprep /forestprep". The Adprep utilitty is available on the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation media in the\support\adprep folder."
If I try to run adprep\forestprep on Windows Server 2003 R2 active directory I receive this message " The image file file ...\adprep.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine."
Can someone help me with this.