Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of mrmoderate
mrmoderateFlag for United States of America

asked on

Firefox keyboard shortcut 2 switch between tabs

Is there a keyboard shortcut in Mozilla Firefox that allows the user to switch back and forth between 2 tabs in a single window?  I'm looking for a command exactly analogous to Alt+Tab for Windows programs and folders.  That is, I want a shortcut that allows me to go back and forth between 2 tabs, the last one that had the focus and the one that currently has the focus.  I don't want a keyboard shortcut that lets the user move from one tab to another adjacent tab.

If not, is there a Firefox add-in that adds this function to Firefox.
Avatar of dante_

CTRL-TAB will switch between two tabs in one instance of the Firefox Browser. I'm a bit confused by the question. You first ask for a keyboard shotcut to switch between tabs in a single window. You then say you don't want a shortcut to let you switch between two adjacent tabs. Which do you want?
for sure ..CTRL+Tab ..

more info :
keyboard and mouse  shortcuts :) .

i hope that help you .
and this too : Ubiquity has a "Switch To Tab" function, among it's almost endless ranks.

Switch to Tab >> Ctrl-space ..

sorry i forgot to say that
Avatar of EscuroAnjo

Link to home
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Avatar of mrmoderate


Sorry.  My membership expired.  I'm back now.  I'll reward points in the next day or two.  Thanks folks.
Simple question.  How to jump between FireFox tab I'm on and the one I previously was on, even though they are non-adjacent (sp?) tabs.  No decent answer, unless I misread the answers.  However, one answer did at least send me to an outside website that seemed germane.  He gets the points.