Having a really hard time digging up the correct information and steps to take from Internet...
At my main forest DC, I can't see my child domain DCs in AD Sites and Services.
At my disconnected child domain, in AD Sites and Services, I can see all my child domain DCs
We shall call this disconnected child domain site "PITA"
Attempted "repadmin /regkey * +allowDivergent" at both Parent Forest and disconnected child domain without removing lingering objects
Result - At my disconnected child domain "AD Sites and Services", there is now site "PITA" and "PITACNFCNF:601a7e30-7274-4e13-84fe-5eadbc4b03b5"
- Have placed AD back into STRICT replication.
Limitations and other information:
1. AD Tombstone lifetime of 60 days has been exceeded.
2. Avoid at all costs - demote domain controllers at this site (it can be done, but it's too costly a move)
3. Mixed environment with Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2003, 2003R2 DCs
4. Parent Forest DC is a Windows 2008 SC machine.
5. Disconnected child domain DC is a Windows 2008 Full Install machine
6. Disconnected child domain has Windows 2003 and Windows 2003 R2 Peer DCs
How do I reconnect this disconnected child domain back to the main AD forest WITHOUT demotion of child domain controllers
Thank you all in advance for any assistance rendered.