I am setting up a remote server to hosts various reference video files. These I need to view locally via browser. This setup is designed for a one location user base, so the CPU/bandwidth etc needs aren't an issue.
Here is a little information about the current requirements:
Remote Server Requirements:
- The current plan is to use an existing windows home server which would be a web server with PHP (or whatever else would be necessary)
- Video files are organized by directory structire
- Video formats are currently quite mixed (mov, avi, mpg, mp4)
- Ideally the video files should not be converted, but there might be no alternative...
Local Viewing interface requirements:
- The same logical directory structure should be selectable/browsable
- When server files are added or deleted, the interface should reflect this
- Full screen viewing option.
- Viewing videos should be possible on the fly, as opposed to having to download them first.
I have been searching for scripts which would do just that (at hotscripts etc), but havn't stumbled across it yet.
Could you recommend me something relevant?