SBS 2008 Send As Permission

On SBS 2008, I set the Full Permission and Send As permission on one user, giving another user full permission to send as the first user.

In Outlook, when the user tries to Send As the first user by using their username or email address in the FROM field, they get the following NDR:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
 
You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator to help you get the required permission.


 I have NOT set the delegate permission as I heard that creates problems.
I have waited overnight for it to resolve.  I have also restarted the server.
Any ideas of what I'm missing?
Thanks.
b1dupreeAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

NJComputerNetworksCommented:
0
Jamie McKillopIT ManagerCommented:
Hello,

Try picking the user directly off the GAL by clicking the From button.

JJ
0
Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

Satya PathakLead Technical ConsultantCommented:
Run the command to provide Send As and/or Receive As.

Add-ADPermission "userAlias" -User "DomainName\UserThatYouWantToGivePermissionTo" -Extendedrights "Send As"
> Add-ADPermission "userAlias" -User "DomainName\UserThatYouWantToGivePermissionTo" -Extendedrights "Receive
As"
0
Satya PathakLead Technical ConsultantCommented:
0
b1dupreeAuthor Commented:
Here's what worked:

If you have a client in cached mode that is not updating the OAB, remove/rename *.oab files in their %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Next time you start Outlook it will re-download the address book and create new OAB files. The problem was the oab files got corrupt and would not catch new updates. If it continues to happen, try excluding these oab files from your anti-virus scanner.

I found that here:

http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/11/new-user-does-not-show-up-in-gal.html

0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
crystaltecCommented:
Hello,

Try picking the user directly off the GAL by clicking the From button.

JJ

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i have been having this frustrating problem for a long time and nothing helped until this suggestion...

So happy! Thanks JJ...
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.