Oracle patch on 10.2.0.4
Posted on 2010-03-23
These are the instructions I found in readme file for applying Oracle patch on 10.2.0.4 db:
1. Cleanly shut down all processes running from the ORACLE_HOME.
2. Set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable to the correct Oracle home that needs to be patched.
> set ORACLE_HOME=<Oracle Home Path>
3. Go to the directory where you downloaded the patch:
> cd 7677781
4. Ensure that the directory containing the OPatch script appears in your PATH setting. Enter the following command to run OPatch:
> opatch apply
5. Inspect the opatch<timestamp>.log file generated in %ORACLE_HOME%\cfgtoollogs\opatch for any errors.
6. If there are errors, refer to Section 4, "Known Issues".
I downloaded the patch from support.oracle.com. I understand all of the above points except for "OPatch" . I do not see any file or directory with this name in the patch the I downloaded. What is OPatch? How does "OPatch apply" command work?
Please let me know of any known issues for applying Oracle 10g patches on "Amazon EC2" server.
Additional comments are most welcome, thanks in advance.