Our environment is PS 4.5 on Windows 2003. We have a Web Interface and several PS 4.5 servers.
From what I understand from reading Citrix.com, the process of someone connecting to the farm is:
1. Access Web Interface URL and authenticate
2. WI will contact the XML Broker service to determine which apps the user has permissions to see
3. The XML broker queries the Datastore for this information
4. When the user selects an app, an ICA file is sent to the user
5. Client downloads ICA file and creates an ICA connection
I had some questions on this process I was hoping someone could help me with:
a) When the WI contacts the XML Broker service, I understand that this service can run on any server in the farm, although it can be prioritised. Is this correct?
b) If the WI was held in a DMZ and the PS servers in a LAN, is there any way to restrict which servers the WI can query the XML Broker service on
c) When the ICA file is sent to the user once they decide on an application they want, which server is this ICA file actually sent from?