The screen on my netbook (https://www.experts-exchange.com/M_5233204.html
) goes blank randomly. It's so random that I little in the way of symptoms to offer.
- The computer will not be idle, I was actively working on something.
- The power light is on (the only LED on my unit) and I can hear the HD
- The screen is ON but black. Using the laptop function key to switch display (to external monitor like for a projector presentation) will cause the screen to flicker for a brief flash - I can make out faint gray horizontal lines - and then return to same black screen with the monitor on.
- The computer is unresponsive to the graphic card's hot keys (Ctrl + Alt + F1/F3 would toggle between Monitor and Notebook screens) - I've tried this both when it was and wasn't attached to an external monitor.
- I'M NOT SURE but I don't think this ever happened when it was on AC power but it may have (my frustration clouds my memory)