I am using Livecycle to create a PDF form, however the drop down box doesn't seem to populate correctly nor will it allow me to select a different value.
Thanks in advance!
Select a new value from the drop down box that is bound to an ADBC database backend.
1. Open the PDF using Adobe Pro with the form wizard. The wizard does a pretty good job of detecting the text boxes, radio buttons.
2. I then save the file as form_input1.pdf.
3. I open the file using Livecycle so I can connect it to the database backend (SQL Server) via a stored procedure called spClientData.
4. I added a New Name Connection via OLEDB database calling it dsClientData.
a. Build the connection string via the Wizard:
t Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial
Catalog=testDB;Data Source=192.168.0.126;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto
Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=WS134;Use Encryption for
Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False
b. Select record source: Stored Procedure – spClientData
5. Repeat the process for another connection (dsOrigination) to populate the drop down box using another stored procedure called spOriginationList.
6. Change the Origination text box to a Drop Down box.
7. Select the Object tab/Binding tab and select Default.Binding field selecting dsClientData as the datasource and the origID as the binding field.
NOTE: If I allow it to update all related properties it changes the type back to Numeric type,
which I change back to the Drop-down type.
8. At this point I click on the Object/Field tab.
9. List Items should be enabled as a link to allow the list items to be bound to the dsOrigination. However it is not enabled even after following the steps to enable this per this link (http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/enterprise-modeling/dynamic-dropdown-lists-in-adobe-livecycle-designer-32393
a. File > Form Properties and open the preview tab, preview type: Interactive form.
b. Tools > Options > Data Binding and making sure the Show Dynamic Properties option is selected.
10. At this point I got stuck, so to at least get the drop down box working I decided to start with a blank form.
11. I added the 2 datasources as in steps 4 & 5.
12. When I follow steps 7, 8, 9 the List Items link is enabled.
13. I entered into the dialog box:
a. Data Connection: dsOrigination
b. Item Text: origText
c. Item Value: origID
d. Click Ok
14. At this point I Saved the file to my desktop as NewForm.pdf
15. I run the form on the desktop inside of PDF reader 9.0 and the dropdown box displays only the origID and I am unable to click the drop down box to select another value.
16. What am I missing, why isn’t the origText displaying and why can’t I select a different value?