Getting ready to upgrade our primary application and going off of some guildlines for their recommend build out configuration and this is what i've got. Any input on this would be great. This is a SQL 2005 box that takes a pretty hefty load.
1. HP DL580 G5, Quad DC Xeon's at 2.8ghz, 64GB of RAM
2. RAID CONFIG
(4) 74GB 15K RPM Drives in RAID 1+0; Operating System + Page File
(4) 74GB 15K RPM Drives in RAID 1+0; LOGS, SQL LDF's, W/ 16 GB
(10) 74GB 15K RPM Drives in RAID 1+0 on HP Storage Works SAS; SQL.EXE and DB's
3. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 64bit, SQL Server 2005 Standard 64bit
This may seem overkill to some, but it is required. I am more concerned about how the load is spread between raid ie - should SQL be installed on seperate raid for optimum performance. Any input in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance~