I have a SPSS statistical software that creates .SPO formatted files.
I want to post the .SPO file on the intranet so users can open it. (Kind of like Acrobat opening .PDF files idea)
So, on the IIS server, I added to the MIME to let it know that it can serve .SPO files and restarted the server.
I’ve installed the SPSS viewer (kind of like Acrobat Reader idea) on my client pc.
Problem I’m having is that in Internet Explorer, when I click on the .SPO file, nothing happens.
Here’s my html file:
THIS WORKS (I used a PDF as a test):
<a href="MyPDFfile.pdf">PDF - Click here</a>
THIS DOES NOT WORK:
<a href="MySPOfile.spo">SPO - Click here</a>