We are going to move to smaller office. When we move, we want to improve our network cabling and implement new technology.
1) Cat3 & Cat5 mixed wiring
2) Switches are all over. Hard to identify which cube is connected to which port.
3) Sometimes switch is connected to another switch, then connect to switch in Computer Room
1) Cat6 cable only
2) Install Cisco SRW248G4P 48-Port Switch in Computer Room (Switch supports IEEE802.3af PoE standard.)
3) Single cable is extended directly from SRW248G4P switch in Computer Room to each workstation in cubicle. Each cubicle has RJ45 jack.
4) Implement VoIP IP Phone (Polycom IP331, which has PC connection)
Polycom IP331 will be plugged into RJ45 jack in cubicle. Ethernet cable form desktop will be plugged into Polycom IP331.
Based on above scenario, I am not sure that RJ45 jack in cubicle is IEEE802.3af compliant or not, because cable is not connected to Cisco SRW248G4P switch directly. In this environment, what do I need to do to make RJ45 jack in cubicle IEEE802.3af compliant? Otherwise, I believe I need to purchase power adaptor for Polycom IP331 for each IP phone.
I apologize for being novice. I have never used IP phone and PoE. I am worrying if it does not work correctly. I appreciate your any comments regarding this issue. Thank you very much in advance. / hb