Profil Import still enumerating

I have the problem, that my Profil Import never comes to an end.

I started the Profil Import, after a while the status changed to Idle, 10 Users were imported. BUT on the Profile page, there is a second Status "Membership & BDC import status: Enumerating ." the Status is still (after 48 hours) enumerating.

So what can I do to reset the Import.

What I try:
Click on the "Stop Import Link" on the Profile Page.
Reboot the Server (several times).
Clear the SharePoint Configuration Cache AND reboot the Server.

So how can I realy kill this Import Job?!
LVL 5
trax75Asked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

psv1973Commented:
It sounds like your problem is BDC related. Do you have any BDCs configured?
0
trax75Author Commented:
That's the strange thing about that status - I have no BDC configured. And even If you have an standard MOSS installation, this status is shown on the profile page.

cu
Torsten
0
psv1973Commented:
I've had something similar before. Creating a new SSP was the only way I got this cleaned up.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
10 Tips to Protect Your Business from Ransomware

Did you know that ransomware is the most widespread, destructive malware in the world today? It accounts for 39% of all security breaches, with ransomware gangsters projected to make $11.5B in profits from online extortion by 2019.

GeorgeGerguesCommented:
You can simply
1- Delete that user (Audeince or group) reference ,
2- Allow the rest of the groups to sync fine with no errors.
3- Restart your Timer Service , ( that might drop somework flows , so make sure you are in Maintenance hours).
4- ReCreate the new BDC related group and allow it to sync again.

Good Luck .
-George Gergues

0
trax75Author Commented:
:-( I actually thought about this way, but I  was hoping that there is another solution.

I will try the Config&Technic-Wizard, maybe this helps. And if there is no other idea, I will try to create a new SSP.

cu
Torsten
0
trax75Author Commented:
Hi George,

sorry which user (audience or group) should I delete? I have no BDC defined.

cu
Torsten
0
trax75Author Commented:
Hi,

so I finally created a new SSP - but I had to step through nearly any problem you can get (no exclusiv lock on the model-DB, some com-execptions, Search-DB not reachable on so on... ). But finally it works now.

cu
Torsten
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft SharePoint

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.