I have a Hyper-V server at a data center (collocated) on which I'm trying to install a Linux firewall to handle security and simple port forwarding.
- I'm using a legacy network adapter
- I have checked with the hosting company: IP address, mask, broadcast and gateway all correct.
- My internal (green) virtual network is working flawlessly on 10.0.0.10 (255.0.0.0), no physical NIC
- My external (red) isn't working. I can ping to it from my hyper-v on same subnet but I can't ping anything from it (it can ping its own public IP). It's on IP 220.127.116.11 (255.255.255.128) with broadcast 18.104.22.168 and gateway 22.214.171.124
- I've also tried Smoothwall, Edian, Monowall, Ubuntu ... all same result