I have actually a HP EVA4400 Disk Storage.
The situation is the following :
- I have 11 * 450GB disk (419GB formatted) = 4609GB in 1 Disk Group in Single mode.
- I use 2820GB with VDisk in Vraid5
- It stays only 100GB Free in Vraid5
How is it possible ? I loose 1800GB it's awesome (40% loss)
This is what I think :
- Total capacity : 11 * 419 = 4 609GB
- EVA4400 keep 2 disk (1 per 8 disk)
- (11-2) * 419 = 3 770GB
- I use Vraid5 for each Vdisk : 3770*(25/100)= 940GB
- 2830-2820(used)=10GB not 100GB which is still free ......
The reflexion is exact or not. How works the disk repartition on EVA4400 ??
How works the disk keeping (2for8) for levelling or other things and Vraid5 ??????
What implicate the Disk Group in Single mode ???
Thanks in advance for your help, because I need to know how calculate the efficace capacity I will really have to know how many disk buy for my second disk group with 16 disk (then 2 disk keeping also ??)
Thanks to answer to all my questions ...