Hi, we have a mystery to solve. Couple of our domain joined computers are having this issue. This issue will occur when the computer is remote and when they use Cisco VPN, and it only happens in once in a blue moon. The computer will have the following issue:
- cannot connect to the exchange server even if can be ping-ed
- going to any authorized network share will prompt for network credential (once manually typed, it will let you access)
- try to login any new account to the computer, it will give error: "There are currently no
logon servers available to service the logon request"
The following will fix this issue:
- joing the computer to the workgroup and rejoin the computer back to the domain
- or if the computer is within the office building directly on our LAN, it will authenticate correctly
Since this happens once every couple of months to the same machine, we really need to know why this is happening.
To farther troubleshoot, following are some of the facts that might be a help:
- the dns setting on the problematic machines are exactly same as other machines on the network (they are also remote users)
- already tried changing the MTU size
- tried different settings for NetBios (tried NetBios over TCP\IP and Default)
- only thing that might seem related on the error log is SCECLI 1202 0x4b8
What do you think is causing this and how can we prevent this?