I have just removed the trial version of Forefront Security that is installed with SBS 2008 and now seem to have lost access (port 80 only) to the internet from the server and clients.
- Everything has been working fine until...the removal of Forefront Security
- Server and clients (all Win7 Pro) can all nslookup, dns, ping hosts fine
- Server and clients can all browser (IE or Firefox) to https sites fine
- Server and clients fail attempting a normal website (http/port 80)
- You can telnet to port 80 on the website (ie. www.google.com.au
) it connects but does return any data
- There is no firewall (except for the ADSL modem's inbuild firewall for inbound traffic - which has not been touched and is stil in the "out of box" config).
- The ADSL modem/router is set as the gateway
How can server settings prevent a client from accessing the web (port 80 only)?
Any help would be much appreciated!