Points of My Scenario
1. I run a Windows 2003 domain
2. I have a DHCP member server (Windows Server 2003) that is authorized and working
3. This DHCP server is configured to ALWAYS register clients with DNS automatically and to delete A & PTR records when leases are expired.
4. All DHCP clients run Windows XP (SP2) - this shouldn't matter
5. Both forward and reverse lookup zones are AD-Integrated and configured for secure updates only.
PROBLEM: the DHCPSrv-day.log file (DHCP log file) persistently displays DNS Update failed errors - such as: "31,03/27/10,00:00:57,DNS Update Failed,22.214.171.124,hostname.domainname.com,-1,"
QUESTION: How do I resolve these errors so that DHCP can update DNS?