I have built a new SCCM server in our production environment and am currently attempting to run a build and capture process for a Windows XP operating system.
I have had some partial success with the process in so far as it formats the hard drive, installs the CCM client, actually copies down and partially installs the OS.
However the operation fails at the "Installing Deployment Tools" point with error code "0x00000002".
I have managed to capture the SMSTS.log file from the target PC, which I have attached here. There are a number of errors in the log, but the show stopper seems to come when it tries to call the SYSprep package (GB100003) - there is an error here stating: "No credentials available for connect to \\<servershare>", as shown in the image below.
I have done the following to try and resolve the issue:-
1. Double checked Network Access Account is configured via Computer Client Agent and appears under Site Settings/Accounts.
2. Checked Security Rights/Users in SCCM to ensure the account has all required permissions
3. Check that the Access Account has permissions to the distribution point
4. Ensured that the SYSprep package also has the Access Account listed in the Security tab
5. I have also given the AD Domain Computers group permissions to the distribution point folder as well as the target PC's computer account
6. I have confirmed that the Access Account is not locked out and has the appropriate permissions in AD
Despite these checks/changes above the last 3 attempts to build and capture my reference machine have failed at exactly the same point.
I have found some posts regarding the "No credentials" issue which recommend changes to the local security settings on the server, but these seem to apply to a Windows Server 2003 environment, not Windows Server 2008. My Windows Server 2008 machine already has "Access this computer from the network" enabled. I have also added the Access Account to the security group for the setting.
Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!