We have a handful of Windows 2003 machines which are constantly sending Dynamic updates to our Linux DNS servers. We want to disable them.
I have taken the following approach to disabling them but they are still sending updates.
1. Click *Start*, click *Run*, type regedit, and then click *OK*.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. On the *Edit* menu, point to *New*, and then click *DWORD value*.
4. Type DisableDynamicUpdate, and then press ENTER two times.
5. In *Edit DWORD Value*, type 1 in the *Value data* box, and then
6. Quit Registry Editor.