I'm setting up an ssl lab on an ASA5510 using the 2 ssl licenses that come with the ASA.
I am trying to accomplish server connectivity using one or the other which one is recommended for this setup ? can more than a couple users use the same username passwords wiothout having to buy more certificates ?
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Pete LongTechnical ConsultantCommented:
If you log into the portal then you launch the anyconnect client then you use the two licences. though you should have 25 IPSEC Vpn licences as well.
Here is how to set up anyconnect and the SSL portal or if you want to use ipsec

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial

One thing you should also consider is that whether you have 100 users actually setup in the config or if everyone is using the same username/password, the license limits you by the number of concurrent connections, whether they be with the SVC or clientless web portal. If you need more than two people to be connected at any one time through either method, you will need to buy more licenses, and they are not cheap. If SSL VPN or a web portal is not a requirement, I would suggest using the IPsec VPN client as your license on a 5510 includes 250 IPsec connections for free.

Cheers! Hope this helps!
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.