I have a new server I want to add to a win2k domain. This new server runs server 08. I am trying to run adprep/ forestprep on the win2k machine, and everything goes through just fine, except two issues at the bottom of the log.
I have looked it up on web, and NO, I do not have an anti-virus software program running. I checked the %systemroot% and it points to WINNT. I have checked the registry key,
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetLogon\Pa rameters\SysVol, and I changed the value %SystemRoot%\SYSVOL\sysvol correctly. I am also logged in as administrator.
I keep getting these errors.
Adprep was unable to complete because the call back function failed.
Error message: An error occurred while attempting to bind to object organizationalUnit-Display using the path LDAP://lebanonpdc.LEBANON.PFD/CN=organizationalUnit-Display,CN=415,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,DC=LEBANON,DC=PFD. An operations error occurred.
Check the log file ADPrep.log, in the C:\WINNT\debug\adprep\logs\20100331141017 directory for more information.
Adprep was unable to update forest information.
Adprep requires access to existing forest-wide information from the schema master in order to complete this operation.
Check the log file, ADPrep.log, in the C:\WINNT\debug\adprep\logs\20100331141017 directory for more information.