I have a customer that has asked me the following question, and am hoping that one of you experts out there can help!
Can WORD or other document editor can meet all of the below requirements?
* User friendly (not just expert friendly - this excludes Framemaker)
* Could be one file for the whole document, or multiple documents that build into one document.
* Allows multiple authors at the same time.
* Nobody can lock the file(s). Changes are merged into the source doc when each user closes their editor.
* Ideally notifies you real time if somebody else is editing the same section, and tells you which user is editing it.
* Keeps a history of which user made which changes.
* System combines all changes into the one document going forward.
* Handles multiple thousands of pages in one document.
* Allows for chapter access, in both the source document, and the pdf file.