Experts, Need your help here.
We are planing install vSphere on 3 servers ( 2 Processor with 2 or 4 cores each cpu per server )
We will have same setup in another site, linking two sites not an important need for now, the 2nd site is only a for DR purpose.
Site One will replicate data or entire volume to the remote site and we are not planing for site to site recovery or vmortion as of now may be in future.
1. Could I start with one of below license and later upgrade to Enterprise or Enterprise plus ?
VMware vSphere Essentials
VMware vSphere Essentials for Retail and Branch Offices
VMware vSphere Essentials Plus
VMware vSphere Essentials Plus for Retail and Branch Offices ( it has most of the features with 3 hosts per site ).
2. Is vcenter standard server part of any version above and supports link mode ?
3. What are the real benefit going from Enterprise to Enterprise Plus, is it worth buying it ?
* 12 Cores (6 in Enterprise)
* unlimited memory (256 in Enterprise )
* 8-way Virtual SMP ( 4-way Virtual SMP in Enterprise )
* VMware vNetwork Distributed Switch
* VMware Host Profiles
* VMware vStorage APIs for Multipathing