We have an old MS-DOS computer that has a BNC network card that we need to connect into our existing TCP/IP Windows network.
This old MS-DOS PC is the controller for our CNC (Computer Numerical Control) cutting machine in our joinery workshop.
Can you tell me where I could source an old BNC network hub in the UK? I have tried Ebay and all the component shops like Maplin but no luck.
Ideally our setup is as follows:
1. The MS-DOS computer uses the NetBeui protocol
2. We connect the MS-DOS PC's BNC connector to a BNC Hub
3. We connect the BNC hub into our existing network using RJ45
4. We map a drive to the MS-DOS PC from a Windows XP PC
5. We copy AlphaCAM drawing files from the Windows XP PC to the MS-DOS PC
6. The CNC loads the files from the network and begins to cut wood.
We are still using floppy discs to load software onto this MS-DOS PC because the BNC hub broke and disconnected it from the network and need to get this back up and running ASAP.