1) I have an HP server (360 DL) as follows:
-There are 2 Physical NIC
- There are 2 HD (mirror each other); each 140 GB
- There are another 2 HD (mirror each other); each 300 GB
-The RAM are installed in 3 channel; each channel has 3 slots (but max permissible used is 2 slots; "stupid rule?"); i have total 6 @ 4GB = 24 GB
2) I have just installed the ESX 4.0 (Enterprise edition) successfully
- The IP is "192.168.61.200"
-The SM: 255.255.255.0
-The Default Gateway: 192.168.61.1
- The DNS: 192.168.61.10
3) My planning: to install the VMmachines for 3 or 4 servers in the above HP server
4) I am still confused related to the SAN (We use the HP's SAN); How to RELATE or CONNECT these VMMachines with the SCSI SAN???
5) My Questions:
i) Should i have a SPECIAL switches for the VMmachines?
ii) The physical NICs are in the 192.168.61.0/24; how we RELATE or CONNECT these Physical NICS with the Virtual Nics? (What SUBNETS should we give to the Virtual Nics?)
iii) How to RELATE or CONNECT the VMmachines to the SCSI SAN??
6) The experts who have experienced designing and installing VMmachines (with ESX 4.0 host) would greatly help please (Please provide any suggestions or recommendation ,whatever you think, would provide better understanding related to this VMwares.
7) Thank you