Given all the attention to this here, I hate to even ask the question. But I haven't found any answers, so here I go:
I've got a new installation of SBS 2008 Premium. Although it was a 2003 migration, I didn't move any SharePoint data over -- started from scratch.
I cannot access the "Internal Website" from the main RWW screen, meaning I've got no access to SharePoint from outside the domain. Some particulars:
*Can logon from outside domain and get access to remote mail and desktop connections -- all of which use https. Just can't get into the SharePoint Site;
* When I try to connect to the "Internal Website," the browser hangs for a while before giving just a blank screen -- no error 404 or redirect to somewhere else.
* Firewall is a Pix5e configured for HTTPS access, which should implicitly open port 987. When I try to configure JUST that port, it says it's already configured that way.
* I've added every possible configuration in various browsers to assure their "trusted."
* I've reviewed the bindings and authorizations for the sites, all of which seem to work.
* I can get access to the site from the server when I use "localhost" or the server's IP. (However, I can't replicate that when I RDP from home. I figure it's a remote thing.)
I've spent HOURS trying to make this work. Despite all the wonderful comments here about many related issues, none of the solutions have been applicable or successful.