i wrote a program for a client several years ago in Access 2002 which has worked wonderfully for several years.
now they try to run it in Access 2007, and the form/subform only show ONE record. clicking "next" goes to a new record.
the underlying query shows 1,600 records, and if i run the exact same copy of the program in Access 2002, the forms show 1,600 records.
there's something about Access 2007 that won't allow the forms to show all the records, but it does allow them to show the first record.
1) we're all running XP
2) this "front-end" was built very normally with regular linked tables to a "back-end" mdb across a mapped drive to a server (and on the same drive when on my dev. machine).
3) it uses only ADO code. there is no DAO anything.
i tried adding the DAO object library to the References, but that didn't solve it.
4) the main form has an embedded subform which is bound to the same query as the main form (i don't remember exactly why i did it that way but it probably has to do with the filtering options i built in to the main form).
i tried making a twin query and binding the subform to it (thereby removing that design as a possible cause) but the same phenomenon occurs.
5) no other forms, functions, or reports fail. only this embedded form/subform
i don't know what else to try.