I have configured DHCP service on Server 2003 . This Server is also Domain Controller plus DNS Server ( 3 roles in one machine ) .
I have authorized the DHCP Server and Activate the scope . There is XP Pro connected to this DHCP Server . The XP Pro cannot receive any IP address from DHCP Server .
XP Pro machine and DHCP Server are connected through switch. No router in between.
XP Pro machine is using APIPA Address. That's tell me that the DHCP never deliver any IP address to XP Pro machine .
What I have done :
1)Both DHCP Server and XP Pro have been restarted
2)XP Pro has been enable " obtain IP address automatically "
3) Had assign DNS address ( the IP Addres of the DHCP Server ) on the XP Pro machine
4) Both machines can ping to each other .
5) had perform ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew on XP Pro machine
6) Join to domain successful when XP Pro is configured as static IP address .
7) Did try switch to Static IP address and switch back to dynamc IP configuration
8) If I select dynamic IP setting on XP Pro , once power up XP Pro , the machine is configured
with APIPA instead of getting IP address from DHCP Server
What else should I try ? Any setting needed on DNS record ? or what ???