In certain situations, clicking on a page makes text disappear when viewed in IE8. I'd like to know if there is a way to avoid the problem at the page source-code level.
Here's how to reproduce the problem:
1) Start IE8. Set it to Compatibility View
(the "broken page" icon next to the Refresh button will appear shaded, blue)
2) Go to this URL: http://e-e.com/A_2801.html
3) Upper right-hand corner, locate "Skin" and set it to "Premium"
4) Scroll down until you can see the top of the "Comments" container box.
5) Click in the body of the text, or anywhere that there is no hyperlink.
A bunch of text will disappear.
PLEASE DO NOT tell me to switch out of compatibility mode. Do not tell me to change settings in my browser. Do not tell me to use a different browser. Thanks!
What is there about the HTML or the CSS or the event handling of this page that makes the text disappear? Is there any way to avoid the problem by modifying the page source?