I have several laptops at my organization that will not connect to our terminal services server. They make it through the first phase of authentication (RSA token) without a problem. They then proceed to click the Remote Desktop Icon and the authentication box pops up, they enter their credentials and press connect and they get:
VBScript: Remote Desktop Disconnected. An Internal Error has occured.
Things I'm pretty sure of:
1. The server is not the problem other clients/laptops can connect without any problems.
2. It is not the users account. I can connect said users from other working laptops.
3. I'm fairly sure it is a setting within the laptops themselves. Pop-up blocker is turned off, all necessary activex controls are installed, the settings for IE8 are all the same.
4. Could it be a windows service? If so, which one?
5. I notice on the laptops that it does work on, there is a pop-up after they do phase two of authentication and hit the connect button warning about a certificate error, this is where it fails on the non-working laptops, right before this pop-up.
I have google'd the problem for three days, and can only find information on changing server settings, which I am pretty confident is not my problem.