-we are a small business company with around 35 users
-we currently have files around (250GB) scatter across 3-4 servers (windows, Novell)
- we are planning to buy a NAS device and move all of our files in to the NAS device
- we will be getting rid of the Novell server + old windows server(2000)
- we are planning to get Microsoft SBS 2008 server (domain+exchange)
For the file storage we are planning to get a NAS device and looked at couple of them and need some recommendations, here is something which we looking for in the NAS device:
1. Needs to have good raid 5 capability(which I guess most of them have)
2. should seamlessly integrate with Windows active directory user accounts
3. Needs to have good through put ports, since we are planning to attach an external drive
to this NAS for nightly backups ( USB 3.0 or anything which is faster, to cut down our
4. Needs to be reliable and stable
5. Should have good hard drives which are fast and reliable.
The one we have looked at is "Seagate BlackArmor 440" .
Please give your suggestions and recommendations, it can be any NAS device. Price is not a factor