I have a problem mail enabling a Sharepoint 2007 documents library to allow external users to email documents directly to the store, the setup is detailed below:
Setup: There is 1x Exchange 2007 box , 1x SharePoint 2007 box and 1x AD server
Also be aware of the following points:
1. I have the IIS SMTP server service enabled on Sharepoint server, with anonymous access enabled (as per MS guide)
2. I have configured this to only allow the exchange server (EXCHANGE01) to accept relay.
3. I have created send/ receive connectors in exchange and specified the SharePoint server IP, in both of the remote domain sections.
4. I am using SharePoint Directory Management Service to create a mail enabled contact in AD, this creates fine and I then assign a SMTP address to the contact in the exchange management console.
5. The exchange 2007 server can send and receive internet mail fine, MX records are working for the domain.
When I attempt to send an email though exchange to the contact address that has been created though SharePoint it returns the following error:
#554 5.4.6 Hop count exceeded - possible mail loop ##
Is there a way to fix this so the exchange server handles the incoming mail then relay's specific mail to the SharePoint server based on the contact address created by SharePoint document library, hence enabling the document store mail functionality?