I have staff members at my church saying they cannot access the church website. It is being hosted by a web hosting company. I have taken over the tech duties there as we will soon move to a new server.
Problem - Staff cannot access www.rvcfchurch.org
- while at the church. They can get to other websites without problems. They can get to other .org websites as well.
I am at work (not at the church) and CAN access the website. they cannot ping the website via DNS name or IP address from church. I CAN pint the IP address of the website from work.
I adjusted the DNS settings Monday evening. They WERE able to access the website up through yesterday. The problem started this morning.
1.This is a Windows Server 2003 box.
2. DNS is setup using root hints - no forwarders are set.
3. We have a sonicwall firewall setup in between the LAN and the comcast cable modem.
4. The firewall gets DHCP from Comcast - this is all working fine.
5. DHCP on the server hands out the DNS address of the server itself to the client machines.
6. I had the secretary flush the DNS on her machine and on the server. She still could not access the web page via a browser or ping it via IP.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks,